This Week's Scripture


"Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it." Deuteronomy 7:26

This Week's Prayer!


We invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in these rooms, which belongs to Henry, Anthony, Zoƫ, Asa, Rose, Grace, and Elijah, and in Heidi, Angel, and Angela's room. You are Lord over heaven and earth, and we proclaim that You are Lord over their rooms as well. Flood it with Your light and life. We pray that You, Lord, will make their rooms a holy place, sanctified for Your glory. And may You also dwell in our room and in each one of our extended family and friend's rooms.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Surprise!!

Have you ever been SURPRISED!! Yesterday Tommy and I were surprised!! I don't know if I am able to blog about it yet so I will wait a few more days but we were very focused on one thing and then BAMMMMM.....God showered us with a blessing! It was a moment of "what is going on", "why is so and so at our door", "what is going on".

The personal story behind this is that recently God has been speaking to me about changing the way I discipline our children. Well, with this many children and so many different things that can happen in a day from so many different directions, my mind just overloads and overheats at times and in the midst of this I react out of frustration and anger and that is what God is trying to change in me. Well, the other day God said, "I want you to discipline with love." (Just a short note, I do discipline with love at times but it is usually after I have repented for disciplining out of frustration and reacting too fast and not letting myself calm down.) But God wanted me to totally stop this. Anyway, the other day when He laid on my heart how to start disciplining He also said that if I do this He will bless me for doing it. And I remember instantly thinking, "You mean you want me to change the way I discipline just to get blessed?" In my mind I thought this would be a selfish motive. Then God answered back and said, "Yes." Simple as that! So I have really been trying to discipline with total love. I still "lose" it but I am quicker to say, "Wait, that was a wrong way to discipline, let's try again." And I believe yesterday was no "lucky day" for us. Yesterday was a planned blessing from God! WOW!!

And at the same time, I know God speaks to My Man and I know and have seen My Man change a few things and I believe this too is part of the reason God had something special planned for us yesterday!

HOW EXCITING!!!!!

(I'll use another post to tell you how our reactions definitely did not match the excitement that we had to this blessing! It was one of those times when you wish you could turn back time and do the whole thing over again..... you know those times you wish you would have said this or wish you would have done that!!)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Now how is this for leaving us in suspense?!!!!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

really! what a cliffhanger!! seriously, whatever it is, i am thrilled for you guys....can't wait to hear the details.

MorningSong said...

The suspense!! Tell us what it is!!!!