This Week's Scripture


"Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it." Deuteronomy 7:26

This Week's Prayer!


We invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in these rooms, which belongs to Henry, Anthony, Zoƫ, Asa, Rose, Grace, and Elijah, and in Heidi, Angel, and Angela's room. You are Lord over heaven and earth, and we proclaim that You are Lord over their rooms as well. Flood it with Your light and life. We pray that You, Lord, will make their rooms a holy place, sanctified for Your glory. And may You also dwell in our room and in each one of our extended family and friend's rooms.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Asa and Elijah playing in the tub!



Yesterday morning I had to go to Walmart in the pouring rain and cold. I am not complaining though because we are so blessed to have a store to go to!! Anyway, I figured a way to keep Elijah and Grace dry while hurrying to the van in the rain..... and it worked and they loved it!!!!!


These are iphone pics! I found this sweet .99 camera app that makes old looking photos. Fun for .99!! Tommy and I did the Awake21 day fast in January which we have been doing for the past several years but this one was different for me. I usually have a specific focus but not this year. I started the fast not knowing really what I was fasting for; however, God showed up bigtime!! This fast he showed me areas I need to improve in, areas so that He can bring me even closer to Him! It has not been the easiest thing to do but I know it is what I am supposed to do! I also have been diving headfirst back in the bible like I used to do before having all the children and wow I missed that more than I knew! I found a great bible app called Logos Bible Software that is free. It has an awesome Text comparison and all the Bible translations, Strong's concordance, study notes and sermons from people from the past. The more I read His word the more I desire more of Him!! Balancing the role as wife, Mom, daughter, sister, friend can be so challenging and overwhelming at times but God would never put anything on my plate that He knows I cannot handle and I can handle all these roles as long as I stay completely connected to Him!! I also found YouVersion bible reading app (free). I use this app for my bible reading plan for the year. As far as taking notes in church, I use the NIV Bible by Tecarta. I really like the way I can take notes and copy scripture in my notes from this free app.
So if you have an iphone these bible apps are so awesome! I now get to read the bible in carpool line, while rocking Elijah to sleep for nap, laying in bed with all the lights off as not to disturb Tommy! I had no idea the iphone would be used this much by me! Love it!

No comments: