This Week's Scripture


"Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it." Deuteronomy 7:26

This Week's Prayer!


We invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in these rooms, which belongs to Henry, Anthony, Zoƫ, Asa, Rose, Grace, and Elijah, and in Heidi, Angel, and Angela's room. You are Lord over heaven and earth, and we proclaim that You are Lord over their rooms as well. Flood it with Your light and life. We pray that You, Lord, will make their rooms a holy place, sanctified for Your glory. And may You also dwell in our room and in each one of our extended family and friend's rooms.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricane Gustav




Here's what we have been looking at for the past couple of days. Gustav is expected to come through Monday night Tuesday morning. We are prepared and ready. We had no electricity for about three days from Hurricane Katrina so we may experience the same. It seems to be moving more west which is good for us but not good for them.
Pastor gave a right now word straight from Psalm 23. We are protected in His presence. Healing Place Church is ready to help when needed. You can click the link above to get updates regularly for help or volunteer work.

Psa 23:1 A psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.
Psa 23:2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
Psa 23:3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Psa 23:4 Even when I walk through the dark valley of death,[fn1] I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Psa 23:5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
Psa 23:6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments: