This Week's Scripture


"Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it." Deuteronomy 7:26

This Week's Prayer!


We invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in these rooms, which belongs to Henry, Anthony, Zoƫ, Asa, Rose, Grace, and Elijah, and in Heidi, Angel, and Angela's room. You are Lord over heaven and earth, and we proclaim that You are Lord over their rooms as well. Flood it with Your light and life. We pray that You, Lord, will make their rooms a holy place, sanctified for Your glory. And may You also dwell in our room and in each one of our extended family and friend's rooms.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Chicago Blessing!



Sears Tower (with white steeples or whatever they are called on top) is behind Tommy

Trolley




View from Sears Tower


Comedy of Errors play, Navy Pier






STOP IT!!




Navy Pier after play, 10:30p



Us on the train. Picture taken by friendly Chicago person.



On Thursday, I was blessed to go meet Tommy in Chicago. He was there on a business trip. He was able to go to Wrigley Field and watch the Cubs in action! We tried to find him on TV since he sat six seats up from first base but we could not spot him.


Thank you, Mom, for staying with all the children! I have to say that it had been a while that Tommy and I just strolled hand in hand or actually talked to each other at a restaurant without counting to make sure all the children are ok or us doing something other than being able to focus on each other! It was so much fun! We really jam packed the two days! We rode a plane, train, cab, bus, and trolley in two days. We froze, walked through rain, made it through some strong winds, and dripped with sweat all in two days! I had never had so many experiences in two short days! It was awesome. We went to the Shakespear Theatre on Friday night at the Navy Pier and watched Comedy of Errors! I thoroughly enjoyed this play. I had to wipe tears from my eyes several times during some of the scenes. I have to admit I did not always understand the dialog but I clearly understood what was happening. The characters were great. We saw a statue of Bob Newhardt and instantly thought of Pastor Dino's STOP IT!! sermon. We ate at Weber Grill and walked down Magnifient Mile. We ate breakfast at a local dive and didn't go to bed before 12p each night! We are crazy!! :) I say that totally laughing because by the end of the night we were always waiting for the public bus because we passed the time for our hotel shuttle. We literally were at a snail's pace by the last night. My calves still hurt from all the walking but it is a good hurt!! I have to say that Chicago was so clean and the people were very friendly!



Yesterday, we ended our time by going to the top of Sears Tower! I didn't think my ears would pop so much. It was awesome to see the whole city from up there. It was a wonderful time with Tommy! And at the same time we missed all of our children so much! I couldn't wait to get home and hold them!
On a side note: I left my only diamond necklace at our hotel. Tommy had given it to me for Christmas. It is the s-shaped necklace....you know..... love is a journey that knows no end! :) well, we called this morning and they had not found it. I called housekeeping again and begged them to go check again. I called again and nothing. This morning at church we sang, "Nothing is impossible with God!" Amongst some pretty serious things I am believing God for, I also believed that it was not impossible for Him to get my necklace back to me! I went to the car after service and no phone calls from housekeeping. I called front desk and nothing. I called housekeeping again and pleaded with her to talk to her people. I talked to my Mom and she said call back and talk to the lady who cleaned your room. I called housekeeping again and asked to speak to that lady but she said that lady does not speak English but she would speak to her. I got a call right back and there was housekeeping asking me to tell her what my necklace looks like. I did and guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have my necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise God and believe me, it is ONLY God that did this!! Again, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be open, ask and ye shall receive!! WooooHoooo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a marvelous time! I am so glad you found your necklace--that truly is a God thing! I am sure you are refreshed and will come back with so much more to give your family!

Carole Turner said...

So glad ya'll had such a great time and the Necklace story is strong encouragement! Thanks.

Susan said...

So happy for you!! We loved Chicago when we visited there, too. God certainly answered your prayers about the neckless!!!
Susan

MorningSong said...

YAY!!! I am so happy you 2 were able to steal away together!! Steve and I have our first trip alone, since kids = 5 years ago, in a few weeks! I am aching for it and yet my heart is sad too! To leave my babies behind is heartbreaking, yet - I can't wait! I need a break I tell ya! :)

SUPER glad you found your necklace too! What a blessing!

Melodye