This Week's Scripture


"Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it." Deuteronomy 7:26

This Week's Prayer!


We invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in these rooms, which belongs to Henry, Anthony, Zoƫ, Asa, Rose, Grace, and Elijah, and in Heidi, Angel, and Angela's room. You are Lord over heaven and earth, and we proclaim that You are Lord over their rooms as well. Flood it with Your light and life. We pray that You, Lord, will make their rooms a holy place, sanctified for Your glory. And may You also dwell in our room and in each one of our extended family and friend's rooms.

Friday, May 4, 2007

My Newest Cookbook!


I ordered this new cookbook last week. I love looking at cookbooks! I have several Paula Dean cookbooks, some great Louisiana cookbooks my Mom gave me, and some other great Louisiana cookbooks my Mother-in-law gave me. I love to watch Paula Dean. Her recipes are so easy to follow and they come out good. But lately I have been watching Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals. I am interested in following her guidelines in mixing and matching for a week's worth of meals! I'll let you know if it is easy to follow.

5 comments:

MorningSong said...

Sounds like a good idea, let me know how it goes! Also, how did you add pics to the top and how did you add a third column on your sewing blog?

Momma Roar said...

Too funny...I just bought that cookbook a few weeks ago and last night I made the recipe on pg 51 - the cashew lime chicken with rice. I didn't have the type of rice the recipe called for (I thought there was only white, wild and brown). I thought I had lime juice but it had expried in 2005 and I thought I had a lime in my fridge, but it was moldy. Soooo, I made it with lemon juice. Oh, I also didn't have any ginger - but all in all, it was good! Next time I'll try to make it the 'right' way! he he

Christy said...

I have that cookbook and it quickly became one of my favorites! And the cashew-lime chicken and rice was one of the first recipes I made, too :)

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Melodye, I went to this website http://testing-blogger-beta.blogspot.com/2006/09/adding-graphic-to-your-blog-header.html to add graphic and 3-column on sewing blog. Or I saw a lot of cwo women use bluebird design to get a customized template.

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Momma roar ad Christy, I saw that recipe tonight and it looks delicious.

Momma roar, you sound like me....make do with what you have! ha ha